La Grange Country Club is a Private 18 hole golf course located in La Grange, Illinois.
La Grange Country Club was established in 1899 on 80 acres of leased property just south of Forty-seventh Street and east of Fifth Avenue. Under the direction of Herbert J. Tweedie, the club laid down the original nine holes. Golf was gaining popularity and its 47th Street property did not have enough land to hold 18 holes. The Club was relocated to its current location in 1912 and opened with nine holes. The second nine holes opened in September 1913 starting in a perimeter routing pattern. In 1920 the arrangement of the holes was changed to its current sequence. Today's course includes many changes to the back-and-forth pattern of the original holes, many new green surfaces and contours, a number of trees, bunkering additions, and considerable course improvements. In 2001, the Club underwent a major course renovation to create a challenging but consistent golf venture.
Par for the course is 71. From the back tees the course plays to 6,338 yards. From the forward tees the course measures 5,388 yards. The longest hole on the course is # 9, a par-5 that plays to 541 yards. The shortest hole on the course is # 17, a par-3 that plays to 150 yards from the back tees.
Watch out for # 6, a 415 yard par-4 challenge and the #1 handicap hole on the course. The easiest hole is # 10, a 360 yard par-4.
Latest Golf Course Reviews
Do Not Recall (cart included), played on Sunday, January 2012 at 6am
LaGrange Country Club, founded in 1899, was the site of the 1974 and 1981 Women's U. S. Opens and the 2005 and 2009 Chicago District Golf Assocaition Championships.
A 23 year member of LGCC