Atlas Valley Country Club, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Grand Blanc, Michigan.
Atlas Valley Country Club first opened for play in July 29th, 1911 and was at that time named The Flint Country Club. The course was designed by Tom Bendelow.
Founding menmbers included: William C. "Billy" Durant, founder of General Motors, Albert Champion, founder of the A.C. Spark Plug Co., Harry H. Bassett, later president of Buick, Basil W. deGuichard, later head of A.C., and Harlow H. Curtice golden milestone president of General Motors.
To establish the club, 37 residents contributed $500 each. They bought the Medbury farm and remodeled the beautiful colonial farmhouse, with a veranda, for a clubhouse.
In 1918, the Flint Country Club moved and the course became the Flint Auto Club, Subsequently, in 1925, it became known as the Masonic Country Club. A The name was change to Acacia Country Club in 1931.
Atlas Valley Country Club came into being in 1938 when a clubhouse was built on the present site. The Henrickson brothers took legal possession in January 1953. Since acquiring the property, a pool has been built, the clubhouse has been remodeled and the course has been upgraded many times to attain the challeng of the present golf course.
The par-72 Atlas Valley Country Club golf course plays to a maximum distance of 6,392 yards for a course rating of 71.2 and a slope rating of 125.