Orchard Hills golf course first opened for play in 1932. The course was designed by William Sander.
The golf course at Orchard Hills Golf & Country Club has two completely different nines. The front nine is fairly narrow and short (2,729 from the Blue Tees), guarded by homes along five fairways and has no water holes. Eight holes have sand traps.
The back nine is wider, longer (playing 3,179 from the Blue Tees), and has water on five holes with sand traps on four.
Although fairly short by current standards (5,908 from the Blue Tees), Orchard Hills is by no means an easy course. Out of bounds, lots of trees, and difficulty in reading the greens can test even the lowest handicapper, amateur and pro. The men's par at Orchard Hills golf course is 70; women's par is 71.