Kebo Valley Club is the 8th oldest course in the U.S. The first six holes, designed by H.C. Leeds, were completed in 1891. Three additional holes were added in 1896. In 1920, Kebo acquired 40 additionl acres of land east of Harden Farm Road, and opened the "outer" nine holes, completing the 18-hole layout.
The terrain at Kebo Valley is hilly and the greens are small. This course was designed with the Scottish links-style in mind. Nine holes were built on open meadows at the foot of the mountains. The wind frequently comes into play, so proper club selection becomes an important part of the game. The signature hole is #8, a 435-yard, par 4, requiring a tee shot up a dogleg left fairway, then an uphill approach shot to the green. In addition, a creek meanders down the entire left side of the fairway, and the green is sloped from back to front. Walter Hagen played this course in the 1920's and rated this hole amongst the toughest eighteen holes he had ever played.
Kebo Valley Club plays to a par-70 and 6,131 yards from the back tees. The forward tees are set and 5,473 yards and play to a par-72.