Germania Town & Country Club, previously named Hidden Hollow Golf Course, is a Semi-Private, 18 hole golf course located in Saginaw, Michigan.
An 18 hole course with a classic design and commitment to excellence. Germania Town & Country Club, the oldest private social club in Michigan established in 1856. In the 21st century, they opened the course to the public.
The Germania Town & Country Club golf course first opened for play in 1930
The Germania Town & Country Club golf course features mature tree lined fairways, dazzling flower displays, lakes and fountains, naturally sculpted bunkers and bent-grass fairways that remain in excellent condition throughout the year. Featuring three sets of tees, the course is enjoyable and interesting for every level of golfer. However, this narrow course can be demanding for the average golfer. The Germania club house overlooks holes #1, #9, #10, #18 and a beautiful pond and fountain.
The golf course at Germania Town & Country Club plays to 6,326 yards from the back tees for a course rating of 71.5 and a slope rating of 126. Par for the course is 72.
The course closed on January 1, 2011. The former Germania Golf Course, was acquired by The Nature Conservancy through a gift from The Dow Chemical Co. and transferred to the Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge in May 2014. The course is now parkland with nature trails and natural habitat.