Chapel Ridge Golf Course opened for play in 1958. The course was designed by Charles Bondurant.
Previously named Chapel Woods Golf Course, the course was extensively redesigned and reopened in 2000 under it's current name. The redesign was the work of Donald Sechrest.
Chapel Ridge's front nine was built on rolling terrain and is wide open. The back nine plays through hilly terrain and is much tighter than the front, with trees and water lining the fairways. The large greens are moderate in speed, and there are three lakes coming into play on five holes.
Chapel Ridge Golf Course closed in 2006.