Van Schaick Island Country Club, is a Private, 9 hole golf course located in Cohoes, New York.
The golf course design features multiple tee locations for 18 holes of golf that will test every shot.
Van Schaick Island is formed by the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk rivers on land originally inhabited by the Algonquin Indians and later settled by Henry Hudson.
Van Schaick Island Country Club was founded in 1895. The original golf course was comprised of two holes where the first and sixth holes are currently located.
In 1900, the club was incorporated as "The Island Club". Jack Gormley designed the present nine hole layout in 1915. In 1916, the course changed its name to Van Schaick Island Country Club. In 1988, the original par of 70 (remember 9 holes played twice) was changed to 72 as the first and 14th holes / tee boxes were extended.