The Golf Course at Seawane Club first opened for play in 1927. The course was designed by Devereux Emmet. Frank Duane (1964) and Stephen Kay (1988) have done redesigns on this course.
The course was built on the land that had once been the John Auerbach estate. In 1914, an Indian Grave was discovered on the Hewlett estate of John N. Auerbach. Among the findings were skeletal remains, arrow and spear heads, and a large quantity of copper beads known by the Indians as "Seawane." Auerbach anglicized the name to Seawane, chose it for his estate, and the name was later used for Seawane Club.
The Golf Course at Seawane Club plays relatively easy. The fairways are wide open, and the large greens are fast. The ocean comes into play with the tide. The signature hole is #13, which plays alongside the ocean and into the wind. The terrain is flat and easy to walk, however caddies are mandatory if you choose to walk.
The Golf Course at Seawane Club plays to a par-72 and a maximum distance of 6,531 yards. The course rating is 71.6 and the slope rating of 127.