Nissequogue Club was founded by a small group of investors in 1966 on over 120 acres of land previously owned by William J. Ryan. Mr. Ryan was the owner and publisher of "Literary Digest" a widely read and highly respected magazine in the 1930's and 40's. The present clubhouse was originally constructed in 1929 as the main house of the Ryan estate. The Nissequogue Golf Course first opened for play in 1968. The course was designed by Edgar Senne. The course has been rennovated by both Stephen Kay and Doug Smith.
The course is somewhat difficult because of the numerous natural hazards. The fairways are narrow and the small greens are fast. Nissequogue is a tight course. The course is always in good shape and offers great views of Stony Brook Harbor.
Nissequogue Golf Course measures 6,532 yards from the tips and plays to a par-72.
Blue tees: par-72, 6,532 yards, 73.0 / 133
White tees: par-72, 6,220 yards, 70.7 / 128
Red tees: par-72, 5,317 yards, 71.4 / 123