Linwood Springs first opened for play in 1956.
This course was built on rolling hills and has water that comes into play on six holes. There are out-of-bounds stakes lining six holes.
Linwood Springs Golf Course plays to a par-72 and 6,332 yards from the back tees. The course rating is 68.0 and it has a slope rating of 115.
When first opened, the course was family owned. The course was sold to the Lowery family in 1981 and has been owned and operated by them for the past30 years. The course closed for play On the 30th of September 2011. The still profitable course was sold to the state of North Carolina. They purchased the course for the 144 acres of wetlands. The land use will change after being a golf course for 55 years.