Denton Country Club is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Argyle, Texas.
Ralph Plummer designed the par-71, 18 hole championship golf course. This course has greens that are fast and moderate in size. The signature hole is #18, a par 4 which measures 300 yards from the back tees and requires an uphill putt onto an elevated green.
Denton Country Club was chartered in 1922 as a men's golf club, occupying approximately 125 acres in Denton County. It was originally a 9-hole course comprised of sand greens. The club was closed during the Great Depression of the 1930's. In 1934, the Club was re-chartered and re-opened as the New Denton Country Club. During World War II, the Club was closed again and the land was leased to area ranchers for cattle grazing. In 1950, Denton Country Club reopened again as a sand layout. In 1963, the clubhouse burned and a new one was built the following year. An additional 90-acre tract was purchased in 1970 allowing for expansion to 18 holes.
Gold tees: par-71, 6,684 yards,course rating 71.4, slope rating 128.
Blue tees: par-71, 6,320 yards
White tees: par-71, 5,534 yards
Red Tees: par-72, 5,054 yards